Getting the best out of Aubiose
- Start with a clean stable.
- You will need approximately 8 bales for
a 12’ x 12’ stable.
- Dampen the bed by spraying with a hose or by using approximately one gallon of water per bale as this helps the bed to settle and create a secure base.
are not generally tempted to eat Aubiose but as they are of an inquisitive
nature we advise that when Aubiose is first used, the bed be sprayed
with a weak solution of a safe disinfectant and that the horse/pony
has access to it’s normal ration of forage.
Persistent bed eating may cause colic.
- Remove any droppings twice/three
times a day, and lightly rake the top of the bed to keep its shape.
- Every five to ten days (depending on the horse/pony) remove the saturated material, then top up with fresh Aubiose - average requirement is half to one bale per week.
- Aubiose can be used as a deep litter bed. Remove droppings two
or three times daily, lightly rake the top of the bed. Add fresh
Aubiose as required.
- DISPOSAL: Because Aubiose is so absorbent, there
will be less material removed from the stable, thus reducing the
area needed for muck storage. Aubiose is made from young plants, and
will break down rapidly to form a very valuable compost.